Rapunzel The Musical returns to the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Rapunzel will let down her hair again in Stevenage later his month – with some new cast members.
Rapunzel The Musical had its world premiere at the Gordon Craig Theatre during a sell-out run over Easter.
With book, music and lyrics by director Catherine Lomax, musical director Phil Dennis and choreographer Khiley Williams, the show will return to the theatre in Lytton Way for a second run during the forthcoming school summer holidays.
Featuring toe-tapping tunes and a host of lively characters, Rapunzel will take to the stage for seven performances from Thursday, July 27 to Sunday, July 30 – before then going on tour, with dates in Chesterfield and King’s Lynn in the diary.
Samantha Noel will reprise her role as the imprisoned teenager with long, golden hair.
You may also want to watch:
Director Catherine Lomax tweeted: “So excited to work with the beautiful lady again! Roll on summer!”
But there will be a new Gothel this time around.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts
Replacing Cameron Leigh in the part of Rapunzel’s witch-like captor will be actress and singer Julie Stark.
James Donovan will return to the Gordon Craig to play the role of Viktor the woodpecker, who lives in the tower with Rapunzel and is her only friend.
In Rapunzel, Sophia is desperate for a baby of her own.
Her husband Karl cannot bear to see her upset any longer and realising their lonely neighbour is their final chance he begs for Gothel’s help.
Gothel offers Karl a magic herb from her garden, but the price is high.
Sophia and Karl will get the baby they long for but on Rapunzel’s 16th birthday she must be returned to Gothel.
Years later, trapped in a tower, Rapunzel has grown into a beautiful and clever young woman.
Longing for adventure and freedom, and with only Viktor for company, how will Rapunzel ever escape?
Can Prince Freddie save the day or will Rapunzel never make it home?
Based on the Brothers Grimm classic fairy tale and featuring new music to let your hair down to, this family favourite is the perfect way to start your summer.
Tickets cost £20 standard and £65 for a family of four.
• To book tickets, visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk or call the box office on 01438 363 200.