Random act is in the spotlight as ceilidh team get a bit gutsy for Baldock date
- Credit: Archant
The distinctive sounds of ceilidh music return to Baldock Town Hall next Friday night as the Unicorn team bring another special guest to their monthly sessions.
Topping the bill are Random, whose six members delight in bringing their vast experience of all kinds of folk and dance music to the fore to get audiences up and moving.
They serve up a sound which is gutsy and melodic as they play a folk-rock interpretation of tunes with traditional roots.
It creates scintillating but subtle ceilidh music that will make you want to dance.
Calling the dances will be Barry Goodman, who is returning to the Unicorn Ceilidh stage for the first time this season.
Barry’s relaxed style has made him a popular caller at ceilidh events and festivals all over the country, and his repertoire of dances will be sure to please.
The interval entertainment will be provided by the English Miscellany dance group from St Albans who perform a range of English traditional dances, both in this country and abroad.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 8 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
Doors open at 7.30pm and the dancing starts at 8pm.
There’s a real ale, cider, wine and soft drinks bar and plenty of parking near the hall.
Tickets are £10 for adults, with concessions for children, seniors and families – see www.unicornceilidhs.org.uk for more details.