Quiz: With Channel 4’s Humans filming in Hitchin, how well do you know Herts’ film and TV links?
- Credit: Archant
Another acclaimed television drama series is to help put Hitchin on the map by shooting in the town – but how well do you know Hertfordshire’s film and TV locations? Take our quiz to find out.
Channel 4 sci-fi drama Humans, which explores robotics and artificial intelligence, is following in the footsteps of BBC hit Doctor Foster by filming scenes for its third series in the town centre next week.
The crews from production company Kudos will initially be in Market Place and around Halsey’s Deli on Monday, shooting what is billed as a “remembrance scene”.
The filming – during which an “action vehicle” will drive around the square – is set to affect traffic from 8am to 7pm. Kudos has written to neighbours to explain and apologise for any inconvenience.
Humans’ cast features Game of Thrones regular Will Tudor, Colin Morgan – best known for playing the title character in BBC fantasy series Merlin – and Gemma Chan, who has previously appeared in Secret Diary of a Call Girl and Fresh Meat.
You may also want to watch:
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “Once again, Hitchin is profiled to the wider world with the visit of the film crew for the Channel 4 series Humans, who will be on location in town on Monday.
“Hitchin can only benefit from the exposure – think of the numbers that have visited Heartbeat country, the Last of the Summer Wine town or ‘Downton Abbey’!
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
“Doctor Foster, Humans – what next?”
Just like Hitchin, many other Herts towns have featured in films, adverts and TV shows – for example, Letchworth features in the Simon Pegg film The World’s End, and Knebworth House is a regular feature on our screens, including in the new Judi Dench movie Victoria & Abdul.
Councillor David Levett, responsible for enterprise at North Hertfordshire District Council, has praised the development of creative industries like filming in the district.
He said: “We are really excited that the producers of Humans 3 have decided to use Hitchin for some of their filming.
“North Hertfordshire has played host to some fantastic film and TV series in recent years, including The World’s End and a recent Boots advert in Letchworth, the BBC series Doctor Foster in Hitchin, and several productions at Knebworth House.
“We are keen to promote the district as a great location for filming and to encourage the development of creative industries, and this is a key part of our economic development strategy.”