Queen guitarist Brian May and Kerry Ellis to visit Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two huge music stars are coming to town next week.
Queen guitarist Brian May and theatre star Kerry Ellis have teamed up for the third time as part of their Candlelight Concerts tour.
The pair have previously collaborated on two previous albums and hope to release a new one some time in the new future.
Speaking of how the pair work together, Brian said: “I think it’s a really interesting combination. We both approach performing from a slightly different angle, myself having been a ‘pop star’ and Kerry being a musical theatre performer but I think our differences really compliment one another on stage.
“I find it really refreshing working with her because it gives me a chance to experiment and craft out something for someone else to sing. It can be really very rewarding, just laying out the bare bones of a song before she adds some life and soul to it.”
You may also want to watch:
Kerry, who has found success in West End shows such as Wicked! and Brian’s own We Will Rock You, said: “I grew up listening to Queen so of course this is a dream come true in a lot of ways. They were inescapable in the 80s and remain legends to this day.
“I always think the exciting thing about seeing a new show is that you are taken on a journey of surprises, if you know what’s coming it takes away the fun. Brian and I work hard to give the audience the best show we can.”
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
Following the tour, Kerry plans to return to the role of Mimi in the stage musical Rent, touring theatres across the country. Meanwhile Brian will return to work on the Freddie Mercury film biopic which is currently in pre-production.
The Candlelight Concerts come to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Tuesday February 18. Tickets cost £40. Visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk for more information.