Queen guitarist Brian May and Kerry Ellis to visit Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two huge music stars are coming to town next week.
Queen guitarist Brian May and theatre star Kerry Ellis have teamed up for the third time as part of their Candlelight Concerts tour.
The pair have previously collaborated on two previous albums and hope to release a new one some time in the new future.
Speaking of how the pair work together, Brian said: “I think it’s a really interesting combination. We both approach performing from a slightly different angle, myself having been a ‘pop star’ and Kerry being a musical theatre performer but I think our differences really compliment one another on stage.
“I find it really refreshing working with her because it gives me a chance to experiment and craft out something for someone else to sing. It can be really very rewarding, just laying out the bare bones of a song before she adds some life and soul to it.”
Kerry, who has found success in West End shows such as Wicked! and Brian’s own We Will Rock You, said: “I grew up listening to Queen so of course this is a dream come true in a lot of ways. They were inescapable in the 80s and remain legends to this day.
“I always think the exciting thing about seeing a new show is that you are taken on a journey of surprises, if you know what’s coming it takes away the fun. Brian and I work hard to give the audience the best show we can.”
- 1 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 2 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 3 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 6 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 7 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 8 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
- 9 New train times arriving in Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City next week
- 10 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
Following the tour, Kerry plans to return to the role of Mimi in the stage musical Rent, touring theatres across the country. Meanwhile Brian will return to work on the Freddie Mercury film biopic which is currently in pre-production.
The Candlelight Concerts come to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Tuesday February 18. Tickets cost £40. Visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk for more information.