Queen guitarist Brian May and Kerry Ellis to visit Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two huge music stars are coming to town next week.
Queen guitarist Brian May and theatre star Kerry Ellis have teamed up for the third time as part of their Candlelight Concerts tour.
The pair have previously collaborated on two previous albums and hope to release a new one some time in the new future.
Speaking of how the pair work together, Brian said: “I think it’s a really interesting combination. We both approach performing from a slightly different angle, myself having been a ‘pop star’ and Kerry being a musical theatre performer but I think our differences really compliment one another on stage.
“I find it really refreshing working with her because it gives me a chance to experiment and craft out something for someone else to sing. It can be really very rewarding, just laying out the bare bones of a song before she adds some life and soul to it.”
Kerry, who has found success in West End shows such as Wicked! and Brian’s own We Will Rock You, said: “I grew up listening to Queen so of course this is a dream come true in a lot of ways. They were inescapable in the 80s and remain legends to this day.
“I always think the exciting thing about seeing a new show is that you are taken on a journey of surprises, if you know what’s coming it takes away the fun. Brian and I work hard to give the audience the best show we can.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Following the tour, Kerry plans to return to the role of Mimi in the stage musical Rent, touring theatres across the country. Meanwhile Brian will return to work on the Freddie Mercury film biopic which is currently in pre-production.
The Candlelight Concerts come to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Tuesday February 18. Tickets cost £40. Visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk for more information.