Put your Herts into it - countywide barbershop choir seeks new members
- Credit: Archant
Barbershop harmony singing captivated a TV audience in the millions when talented group YesterYear sparkled in Gareth Malone’s BBC2 music competition The Naked Choir.
And you can get involved in a Herts group which shares the same musical passion.
“Some people may have been surprised at the wonderful sound a dozen men can make –they might be even more surprised to learn that we have a very good male chorus in Hertfordshire,” said Kings Of Herts chairman Paul Nash.
The group rehearses every Thursday evening in Harpenden, but its 40 members are drawn from Hitchin in the north to Watford in the south.
“We also sing out all around the county in concerts or charity events,” said Mr Nash.
You may also want to watch:
A six-week course for new members is just getting under way and a friendly welcome is promised.
To find out more, call Paul on 07931 548201 or email email@example.com.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV