Put your Herts into it - countywide barbershop choir seeks new members
- Credit: Archant
Barbershop harmony singing captivated a TV audience in the millions when talented group YesterYear sparkled in Gareth Malone’s BBC2 music competition The Naked Choir.
And you can get involved in a Herts group which shares the same musical passion.
“Some people may have been surprised at the wonderful sound a dozen men can make –they might be even more surprised to learn that we have a very good male chorus in Hertfordshire,” said Kings Of Herts chairman Paul Nash.
The group rehearses every Thursday evening in Harpenden, but its 40 members are drawn from Hitchin in the north to Watford in the south.
“We also sing out all around the county in concerts or charity events,” said Mr Nash.
You may also want to watch:
A six-week course for new members is just getting under way and a friendly welcome is promised.
To find out more, call Paul on 07931 548201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 9 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 10 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals