Youngsters’ Halloween pumpkin trail and treats fun at Knebworth House
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
It wasn’t trick or treat but Pumpkin Trail & Treats for excited youngsters in fancy dress at historic Knebworth House.
Children participating in the gothic mansion’s popular Halloween event could play a range of games in the gardens and earn stamps on their ‘Pumpkin Passport’ from the costumed staff on duty at each station.
Those who completed the passport could claim a goody bag from the Hertfordshire stately home’s gift shop.
Representatives from local councils and the Knebworth House team were on hand each day to judge the fancy dress and pre-decorated pumpkin competitions.
The pumpkin contest had one winner each day, and the fancy dress competition was separated into ‘under six’ and ‘six and over’ categories, with first, second and third places chosen for each.
The winners received a ‘Loot Bag’ to take home.
“Congratulations once again to all the winners and thank you to everybody who took part in the competitions and the judging,” said Matt Smith, PR and marketing executive at Knebworth House.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
Knebworth’s Pumpkin Trail & Treats has been shortlisted for an award with Day Out With the Kids East.
You can vote for Pumpkin Trail & Treats in the ‘Best event at an attraction’ category and enter a draw to win a £100 Amazon voucher.
Voting closes November 2. To vote, visit https://awards.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/vote-east/