Youngsters’ Halloween pumpkin trail and treats fun at Knebworth House
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
It wasn’t trick or treat but Pumpkin Trail & Treats for excited youngsters in fancy dress at historic Knebworth House.
Children participating in the gothic mansion’s popular Halloween event could play a range of games in the gardens and earn stamps on their ‘Pumpkin Passport’ from the costumed staff on duty at each station.
Those who completed the passport could claim a goody bag from the Hertfordshire stately home’s gift shop.
Representatives from local councils and the Knebworth House team were on hand each day to judge the fancy dress and pre-decorated pumpkin competitions.
The pumpkin contest had one winner each day, and the fancy dress competition was separated into ‘under six’ and ‘six and over’ categories, with first, second and third places chosen for each.
The winners received a ‘Loot Bag’ to take home.
“Congratulations once again to all the winners and thank you to everybody who took part in the competitions and the judging,” said Matt Smith, PR and marketing executive at Knebworth House.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Knebworth’s Pumpkin Trail & Treats has been shortlisted for an award with Day Out With the Kids East.
You can vote for Pumpkin Trail & Treats in the ‘Best event at an attraction’ category and enter a draw to win a £100 Amazon voucher.
Voting closes November 2. To vote, visit https://awards.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/vote-east/