Premiere date for Bodywork dance students in the spotlight on stage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The company where big names like new X-Factor host Caroline Flack and camp dance star Louis Spence cut their teeth is premiering a new show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Friday night.
The Bodywork Company Dance Studios production Body Electric, which will also be performed twice on Saturday, features a supercharged fusion of styles.
Hip hop routines, contemporary, classical ballet, jazz and tap pieces and full cast musical theatre numbers are all included in the high-energy programme.
Principal and founder Theresa Kerr said: “We are excited to present a variety performance that showcases the range and breadth of abilities, it is the culmination of their time with us.
“They are leaving us fully prepared to face the challenges of today’s performing arts industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge-based Bodywork has been running professional performing arts courses as well as adult and children’s classes since 1981.
Tickets are still available for the Friday show and Saturday’s matinee. They’re £21 (concessions £17) – call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to find out more.
You can find more about Bodywork online at www.bodywork-dance.co.uk.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV