Premiere date for Bodywork dance students in the spotlight on stage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The company where big names like new X-Factor host Caroline Flack and camp dance star Louis Spence cut their teeth is premiering a new show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Friday night.
The Bodywork Company Dance Studios production Body Electric, which will also be performed twice on Saturday, features a supercharged fusion of styles.
Hip hop routines, contemporary, classical ballet, jazz and tap pieces and full cast musical theatre numbers are all included in the high-energy programme.
Principal and founder Theresa Kerr said: “We are excited to present a variety performance that showcases the range and breadth of abilities, it is the culmination of their time with us.
“They are leaving us fully prepared to face the challenges of today’s performing arts industry.”
Cambridge-based Bodywork has been running professional performing arts courses as well as adult and children’s classes since 1981.
Tickets are still available for the Friday show and Saturday’s matinee. They’re £21 (concessions £17) – call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to find out more.
You can find more about Bodywork online at www.bodywork-dance.co.uk.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000