Premiere date for Bodywork dance students in the spotlight on stage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The company where big names like new X-Factor host Caroline Flack and camp dance star Louis Spence cut their teeth is premiering a new show at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Friday night.
The Bodywork Company Dance Studios production Body Electric, which will also be performed twice on Saturday, features a supercharged fusion of styles.
Hip hop routines, contemporary, classical ballet, jazz and tap pieces and full cast musical theatre numbers are all included in the high-energy programme.
Principal and founder Theresa Kerr said: “We are excited to present a variety performance that showcases the range and breadth of abilities, it is the culmination of their time with us.
“They are leaving us fully prepared to face the challenges of today’s performing arts industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge-based Bodywork has been running professional performing arts courses as well as adult and children’s classes since 1981.
Tickets are still available for the Friday show and Saturday’s matinee. They’re £21 (concessions £17) – call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to find out more.
You can find more about Bodywork online at www.bodywork-dance.co.uk.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 5 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 8 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'