Pop-up club brings fresh night to Hitchin
A POP-UP club launches this month with the mighty electro-rockers Safari.
The first Arcade Club kicks off on Saturday October 15 - in a marquee in Arcade Walk in Hitchin.
The night has been set up by the Safari band members who hope to make it a regular monthly club – at least until it gets too cold.
Guitarist and keyboard player Rob Hardy, said they wanted to recreate the best bits of all the gigs and club they had been to. “Our main aim really was to bring a bit of live music back into the town and at the same time create somewhere for people to go that isn’t just your standard over-priced night club or dingy rock venue.
“Location was really important for us, somewhere fresh that people could discover for the first time, a venue that wasn’t tainted with any reputation or prejudice.”
You may also want to watch:
The five-piece, who all met at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, will be playing their first gig back in Hitchin since a storming performance in front of a packed-out nutty mob at Rhythms of the World in July.
Rob said this will be a more chilled out affair with room for around 100 in the marquee which is being put up by Corks Wine Bar in the arcade off Market Place.
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 4 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage road closed after crash
- 8 Free trees to be offered to North Herts residents for 'urban forest' plans
- 9 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
The band will play at around 10pm, with support from DJ Harry Benson taking it on til late.
Entry is �2, but free to all those who ‘like’ The Arcade Club Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thearcadeclub
It’s looking good for the following month too with bands already booked, including the fantastic ambient electro choirboys Decibels.