Pop-up club brings fresh night to Hitchin
A POP-UP club launches this month with the mighty electro-rockers Safari.
The first Arcade Club kicks off on Saturday October 15 - in a marquee in Arcade Walk in Hitchin.
The night has been set up by the Safari band members who hope to make it a regular monthly club – at least until it gets too cold.
Guitarist and keyboard player Rob Hardy, said they wanted to recreate the best bits of all the gigs and club they had been to. “Our main aim really was to bring a bit of live music back into the town and at the same time create somewhere for people to go that isn’t just your standard over-priced night club or dingy rock venue.
“Location was really important for us, somewhere fresh that people could discover for the first time, a venue that wasn’t tainted with any reputation or prejudice.”
The five-piece, who all met at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, will be playing their first gig back in Hitchin since a storming performance in front of a packed-out nutty mob at Rhythms of the World in July.
Rob said this will be a more chilled out affair with room for around 100 in the marquee which is being put up by Corks Wine Bar in the arcade off Market Place.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
The band will play at around 10pm, with support from DJ Harry Benson taking it on til late.
Entry is �2, but free to all those who ‘like’ The Arcade Club Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thearcadeclub
It’s looking good for the following month too with bands already booked, including the fantastic ambient electro choirboys Decibels.