Pop-up club brings fresh night to Hitchin
A POP-UP club launches this month with the mighty electro-rockers Safari.
The first Arcade Club kicks off on Saturday October 15 - in a marquee in Arcade Walk in Hitchin.
The night has been set up by the Safari band members who hope to make it a regular monthly club – at least until it gets too cold.
Guitarist and keyboard player Rob Hardy, said they wanted to recreate the best bits of all the gigs and club they had been to. “Our main aim really was to bring a bit of live music back into the town and at the same time create somewhere for people to go that isn’t just your standard over-priced night club or dingy rock venue.
“Location was really important for us, somewhere fresh that people could discover for the first time, a venue that wasn’t tainted with any reputation or prejudice.”
You may also want to watch:
The five-piece, who all met at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, will be playing their first gig back in Hitchin since a storming performance in front of a packed-out nutty mob at Rhythms of the World in July.
Rob said this will be a more chilled out affair with room for around 100 in the marquee which is being put up by Corks Wine Bar in the arcade off Market Place.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
The band will play at around 10pm, with support from DJ Harry Benson taking it on til late.
Entry is �2, but free to all those who ‘like’ The Arcade Club Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thearcadeclub
It’s looking good for the following month too with bands already booked, including the fantastic ambient electro choirboys Decibels.