Poetry reading in Hitchin
A POETRY group will be holding a reading evening on Monday.
North Herts group Poetry ID will be hosting the night at The Sun Runner in Bancroft, Hitchin, from 8pm.
Member John Gohorry said: “There will be opportunities for anyone who would like to read a poem of their own to step up and do so in an open mic slot during the course of the evening. So whether you’d like to join the performers or simply enjoy some quality poems by local poets, come along for a great evening out.”
Poetry ID meets at 7.30pm every Thursday at The Settlement in Nevells Road, Letchworth GC, and welcomes new members.
*A poetry course at Letchworth Arts Centre gets underway on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Rediscovering the Romantic Poets will explore the six major male poets of the Romantic period: Coleridge, Wordsworth, Blake, Shelley, Byron and Keats.
JEach will be allocated a single session introducing a selection of their work and discussion of their philosophies, attitudes to nature and biographical contexts. Poems will be analysed with a view to poetic form and both thematic The course will be run by Juliet Shaw and takes place on Tuesday afternoons from 1.15pm to 2.45pm and Thursday evenings from 7pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
The course costs �40 for the six weeks - call 01462 670788 for more information.