Poetry reading in Hitchin
A POETRY group will be holding a reading evening on Monday.
North Herts group Poetry ID will be hosting the night at The Sun Runner in Bancroft, Hitchin, from 8pm.
Member John Gohorry said: “There will be opportunities for anyone who would like to read a poem of their own to step up and do so in an open mic slot during the course of the evening. So whether you’d like to join the performers or simply enjoy some quality poems by local poets, come along for a great evening out.”
Poetry ID meets at 7.30pm every Thursday at The Settlement in Nevells Road, Letchworth GC, and welcomes new members.
*A poetry course at Letchworth Arts Centre gets underway on Tuesday.
Rediscovering the Romantic Poets will explore the six major male poets of the Romantic period: Coleridge, Wordsworth, Blake, Shelley, Byron and Keats.
JEach will be allocated a single session introducing a selection of their work and discussion of their philosophies, attitudes to nature and biographical contexts. Poems will be analysed with a view to poetic form and both thematic The course will be run by Juliet Shaw and takes place on Tuesday afternoons from 1.15pm to 2.45pm and Thursday evenings from 7pm to 8.30pm.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
The course costs �40 for the six weeks - call 01462 670788 for more information.