Plug pulled on Rhythm Fest
A major festival featuring rock, folk and blues legends has been cancelled.
Rhythm Festival in Old Warden was due to take place over the August bank holiday weekend but was pulled last week after poor sales.
The line-up included Hawkwind, Booker T, The Damned, The Strawbs, Show Of Hands and The Beat among dozens of bands across three stages in the grounds of Mansion House.
Organiser Jim Driver said he was hugely saddened, but a “series of glitches and problems” made it impossible to host.
“The weather, the Olympics, the Jubilee, the economic downturn and a dozen other factors, including the domino effect of other events not happening, all played their part,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket holders were offered a full refund or can use them for next year’s event.
Booked artists have been invited back for 2013.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
- 10 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter