Plug pulled on Rhythm Fest
A major festival featuring rock, folk and blues legends has been cancelled.
Rhythm Festival in Old Warden was due to take place over the August bank holiday weekend but was pulled last week after poor sales.
The line-up included Hawkwind, Booker T, The Damned, The Strawbs, Show Of Hands and The Beat among dozens of bands across three stages in the grounds of Mansion House.
Organiser Jim Driver said he was hugely saddened, but a “series of glitches and problems” made it impossible to host.
“The weather, the Olympics, the Jubilee, the economic downturn and a dozen other factors, including the domino effect of other events not happening, all played their part,” he said.
Ticket holders were offered a full refund or can use them for next year’s event.
Booked artists have been invited back for 2013.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England