Plug pulled on Rhythm Fest
A major festival featuring rock, folk and blues legends has been cancelled.
Rhythm Festival in Old Warden was due to take place over the August bank holiday weekend but was pulled last week after poor sales.
The line-up included Hawkwind, Booker T, The Damned, The Strawbs, Show Of Hands and The Beat among dozens of bands across three stages in the grounds of Mansion House.
Organiser Jim Driver said he was hugely saddened, but a “series of glitches and problems” made it impossible to host.
“The weather, the Olympics, the Jubilee, the economic downturn and a dozen other factors, including the domino effect of other events not happening, all played their part,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket holders were offered a full refund or can use them for next year’s event.
Booked artists have been invited back for 2013.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses