Pigeon players fly in to round off Unicorn’s season at Baldock Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
The current season of Unicorn Ceilidh dates at Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre wraps up next week with The Pigeon Swing topping the bill.
Band members have been involved in some of the best known names on the scene, including The Old Swan Band, Flowers & Frolics, The Oyster Band, Gas Mark V and Tiger Moth.
Their calling card is playing French-Canadian tunes for English dances with a swing and panache that is irresistible.
Barry Goodman will be calling and the interval dance slot will be filled by Baldock Midnight Morris, who provided the breaktime entertainment at the first Unicorn Ceilidh to be held at Baldock Town Hall in September last year.
You can catch the fun on Friday, June 26, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 on the door, with seniors paying £9, juniors £6 and students £7.
All the dances are walked through beforehand, and the emphasis is very much on enjoying yourself, rather than getting everything step perfect.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers