Pigeon players fly in to round off Unicorn’s season at Baldock Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
The current season of Unicorn Ceilidh dates at Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre wraps up next week with The Pigeon Swing topping the bill.
Band members have been involved in some of the best known names on the scene, including The Old Swan Band, Flowers & Frolics, The Oyster Band, Gas Mark V and Tiger Moth.
Their calling card is playing French-Canadian tunes for English dances with a swing and panache that is irresistible.
Barry Goodman will be calling and the interval dance slot will be filled by Baldock Midnight Morris, who provided the breaktime entertainment at the first Unicorn Ceilidh to be held at Baldock Town Hall in September last year.
You can catch the fun on Friday, June 26, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 on the door, with seniors paying £9, juniors £6 and students £7.
All the dances are walked through beforehand, and the emphasis is very much on enjoying yourself, rather than getting everything step perfect.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays