Pigeon players fly in to round off Unicorn’s season at Baldock Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
The current season of Unicorn Ceilidh dates at Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre wraps up next week with The Pigeon Swing topping the bill.
Band members have been involved in some of the best known names on the scene, including The Old Swan Band, Flowers & Frolics, The Oyster Band, Gas Mark V and Tiger Moth.
Their calling card is playing French-Canadian tunes for English dances with a swing and panache that is irresistible.
Barry Goodman will be calling and the interval dance slot will be filled by Baldock Midnight Morris, who provided the breaktime entertainment at the first Unicorn Ceilidh to be held at Baldock Town Hall in September last year.
You can catch the fun on Friday, June 26, with doors opening at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £10 on the door, with seniors paying £9, juniors £6 and students £7.
All the dances are walked through beforehand, and the emphasis is very much on enjoying yourself, rather than getting everything step perfect.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change