Photographer Roger’s talents remembered in Stevenage Festival show
- Credit: Archant
The talents of Stevenage photographer Roger Andrews are remembered in a free show in the Gordon Craig Theatre’s foyer gallery which opens tomorrow.
Roger captured many local events and documented Stevenage Festival performances over many years.
Stevenage Photographic Society has put together the show, which features Roger’s images as well as work submitted for a trophy which has been established in his name.
Also on show is a prize-winning image which Roger was in the process of framing as a gift for another member, who has sadly also died, when he passed away.
The intended recipient was identified after a public appeal, and has agreed that the summer garden image can be included in the show.
You may also want to watch:
The show continues while Stevenage Festival events are hosted at the theatre in the coming weeks.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?