Photographer and Olympic torchbearer hosts Stevenage exhibition
A PHOTOGRAPHER and former British athlete is hosting a hometown exhibition of his latest work.
Stevenage resident Fred Gormer returned to the Boxfield Gallery at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre on Friday for his third exhibition entitled Illumination.
Fred, who has been named as an Olympic torchbearer for his involvement in sport, has used a number of different techniques for the month-long exhibition, which features 60 photographs.
The 62-year-old, who has represented Great Britain at 5,000m and cross country, told Venue: “I have a love for travel photography particularly in the United States of America. Travel and photography form a perfect and complementary partnership documenting what is in our beautiful world.
“To obtain the photographs for this exhibition I have once again visited the cities, mountains, the desert, forest, lakes and even in my studio. For a bit of fun I travelled 230 miles round trip to get just one image.
You may also want to watch:
“Although I have been a photographer since I was a boy I still get excited by taking photographs, they can excite, flatter, bring on emotions and of course evoke memories of what that particular image means to an individual.”
Fred Gormer’s Illumination runs until April 22 and is free to attend at the centre in Lytton Way.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays