Phil Kay tops Hitchin comedy bill
A CULT comic will be performing a specially extended set as part of a monthly comedy show.
Phil Kay will be headlining Doggett and Ephgrave’s Mostly Comedy night on Thursday.
Kay burst on to the comedy circuit in 1989 by winning the Edinburgh Fringe Festival competition, So You Think You’re Funny.
Since then his unpredictable, freestyle approach to live performance led to a Perrier Award nomination in 1993, as well as winning Best Stand-up at the British Comedy Awards in 1994.
The comedian has gone on to make two series for Channel 4, Phil Kay Feels… and Next Stop, Phil Kay, with more recent TV appearances including stints on BBC1’s QI and BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News.
You may also want to watch:
Kay continues to gig on both the comedy and festival circuit, as well as writing for the likes of Harry Hill, Reeves and Mortimer and Jonathan Ross.
Joining him at The Croft in Hitchin will be Joey Page, fresh from appearing on BBC2’s Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 8 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 9 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 10 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
His surreal stream-of-consciousness style has drawn comparisons to The Mighty Boosh’s Noel Fielding – with the man himself describing Page as a “stylish comedian with a sonic imagination”.
More stand-up comes from comic Tom Goodliffe, with the bill completed with music from Mostly Comedy’s very own David Ephgrave.
Doors open at the venue in Bancroft at 8.15pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9pm.
Tickets are �6 – advanced booking is advised via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk