Phantom of the Opera stars in Viennese gala
- Credit: Archant
THE romance and nostalgia of a 19th century Vienna ballroom will be recreated when four opera singers come to town.
Maria Kesselman, who trained at The Royal College of Music and has starred in The Phantom of the Opera, leads the ensemble at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage on Sunday.
The singer appeared in the show alongside Michael Crawford and has performed solo in grand venues such as The Royal Albert Hall.
She will be joined by Amanda Watsham and Stephen John Davis, who also have Phantom of the Opera credits to their name, as well as Peter Wilman, who has appeared in various principal roles at the English Chamber Opera.
All four will perform together alongside the European Orchestral Ensemble for A Viennese Strauss Gala.
The show includes pieces from the operettas of Strauss, Kalman and Lehar, including Die Fleidermaus, The Merry Widow and A Night in Venice.
A Viennese Strauss Gala takes to the stage at 7.45pm and tickets cost £19 or £17.50 concessions.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
To book, call 01438 363200 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk