Phantom of the Opera stars in Viennese gala
- Credit: Archant
THE romance and nostalgia of a 19th century Vienna ballroom will be recreated when four opera singers come to town.
Maria Kesselman, who trained at The Royal College of Music and has starred in The Phantom of the Opera, leads the ensemble at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage on Sunday.
The singer appeared in the show alongside Michael Crawford and has performed solo in grand venues such as The Royal Albert Hall.
She will be joined by Amanda Watsham and Stephen John Davis, who also have Phantom of the Opera credits to their name, as well as Peter Wilman, who has appeared in various principal roles at the English Chamber Opera.
All four will perform together alongside the European Orchestral Ensemble for A Viennese Strauss Gala.
You may also want to watch:
The show includes pieces from the operettas of Strauss, Kalman and Lehar, including Die Fleidermaus, The Merry Widow and A Night in Venice.
A Viennese Strauss Gala takes to the stage at 7.45pm and tickets cost £19 or £17.50 concessions.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
To book, call 01438 363200 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk