Phantom of the Opera stars in Viennese gala
- Credit: Archant
THE romance and nostalgia of a 19th century Vienna ballroom will be recreated when four opera singers come to town.
Maria Kesselman, who trained at The Royal College of Music and has starred in The Phantom of the Opera, leads the ensemble at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage on Sunday.
The singer appeared in the show alongside Michael Crawford and has performed solo in grand venues such as The Royal Albert Hall.
She will be joined by Amanda Watsham and Stephen John Davis, who also have Phantom of the Opera credits to their name, as well as Peter Wilman, who has appeared in various principal roles at the English Chamber Opera.
All four will perform together alongside the European Orchestral Ensemble for A Viennese Strauss Gala.
You may also want to watch:
The show includes pieces from the operettas of Strauss, Kalman and Lehar, including Die Fleidermaus, The Merry Widow and A Night in Venice.
A Viennese Strauss Gala takes to the stage at 7.45pm and tickets cost £19 or £17.50 concessions.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
To book, call 01438 363200 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk