Pasha’s in the TV spotlight with Strictly – but he’s already planning Stevenage dates next year
- Credit: Archant
Strictly Come Dancing fans will be pirouetting their way to the phone when they hear that one of the pro dance stars of the hit TV show is taking steps to come to Stevenage.
Hunky Pasha Kovalev, the 35-year-old Russian who won the show last year alongside TV presenter Caroline Flack, is fully occupied at the moment as he works with weather forecaster Carol Kirkwood in the show which is once again drawing huge audiences each week.
But once this year’s winner is revealed he will turn his focus to his own touring show, It’s All About You, which is booked in to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre for two performances in April.
Pasha has been a Strictly fixture since 2011, and along the way has partnered Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh all the way to the final.
He wasn’t as successful with Countdown presenter Rachel Riley, but then took the top trophy with Caroline last year.
You may also want to watch:
For his visit to Stevenage, Pasha will be joined by professional dancers Anya Garnis, Ryan Hammond, Marcella Solimeo and James Wilson to create a show full of top tunes, dazzling dancing and sparkling costumes.
Siberia-born Pasha started dancing when he was just eight after his mum took him to one of the biggest ballroom dancing competitions in his part of Russia.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 3 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 9 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
Dancing wasn’t a career choice he had been contemplating, but he soon realised that it was something he couldn’t live without.
As well as appearing on Strictly-style shows all over the world and touring – his professional partner is former Strictly dancer Katya Virshilas – he has taught all styles of ballroom dancing and is known for his speciality International Latin expertise.
Tanya Russell of the theatre’s marketing team said: “It’s great for Pasha fans – he always sells out in Stevenage, so to have him for two nights should ensure that nobody misses out.”
The dates for your diary are Friday and Saturday, April 15 and 16 – tickets are £25 and you can book yours by calling 01438 363200 or visiting the website at www.gordon-craig.co.uk.