Pasha’s in the TV spotlight with Strictly – but he’s already planning Stevenage dates next year
- Credit: Archant
Strictly Come Dancing fans will be pirouetting their way to the phone when they hear that one of the pro dance stars of the hit TV show is taking steps to come to Stevenage.
Hunky Pasha Kovalev, the 35-year-old Russian who won the show last year alongside TV presenter Caroline Flack, is fully occupied at the moment as he works with weather forecaster Carol Kirkwood in the show which is once again drawing huge audiences each week.
But once this year’s winner is revealed he will turn his focus to his own touring show, It’s All About You, which is booked in to Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre for two performances in April.
Pasha has been a Strictly fixture since 2011, and along the way has partnered Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh all the way to the final.
He wasn’t as successful with Countdown presenter Rachel Riley, but then took the top trophy with Caroline last year.
For his visit to Stevenage, Pasha will be joined by professional dancers Anya Garnis, Ryan Hammond, Marcella Solimeo and James Wilson to create a show full of top tunes, dazzling dancing and sparkling costumes.
Siberia-born Pasha started dancing when he was just eight after his mum took him to one of the biggest ballroom dancing competitions in his part of Russia.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Dancing wasn’t a career choice he had been contemplating, but he soon realised that it was something he couldn’t live without.
As well as appearing on Strictly-style shows all over the world and touring – his professional partner is former Strictly dancer Katya Virshilas – he has taught all styles of ballroom dancing and is known for his speciality International Latin expertise.
Tanya Russell of the theatre’s marketing team said: “It’s great for Pasha fans – he always sells out in Stevenage, so to have him for two nights should ensure that nobody misses out.”
The dates for your diary are Friday and Saturday, April 15 and 16 – tickets are £25 and you can book yours by calling 01438 363200 or visiting the website at www.gordon-craig.co.uk.