Paolo Nutini - These Streets - Atlantic
Nutini seems destined for MOR domination with this slickly-produced debut, packed full of cloying, throwaway romanticisms and simple toe-tappers. The Scotsman s voice and delivery is Curtis Stigers-lite, and recent single Last Request is pure Radio 2 fodd
Nutini seems destined for MOR domination with this slickly-produced debut, packed full of cloying, throwaway romanticisms and simple toe-tappers.
The Scotsman's voice and delivery is Curtis Stigers-lite, and recent single Last Request is pure Radio 2 fodder, schmaltzy whatever way you look at it.
The same could be said of much of the rest - the title track is a plodding strumalong about his wide-eyed first days in London, while Jenny Don't Be Hasty is a slightly more upbeat strumalong on experiences with an older woman - 'Don't treat me like a baby,' whines the irony-free 19-year-old.
A lack of depth beyond the studio polish points to age as his weakspot.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations