Panto’s not just for Christmas, in Henlow it’s February fun!
- Credit: Archant
Even the biggest panto productions usually wind down by the end of January, if they haven’t already taken a final bow.
Aladdin at the Gordon Craig in Stevenage will be calling it a day on Sunday, January 25 after almost two months of traditional festive fun and games.
But as they strike the set, the team at the Henlow Amateur Theatre Company will still be putting the final touches to their panto production.
Cinders, David Tristram’s ‘true story’ take on the classic tale, will be taking to the stage at the Henlow Theatre for the first time on Friday, January 30.
The run continues through that weekend and then the show returns for three further shows on Friday and Saturday, February 6 and 7.
You may also want to watch:
Evening performances start at 7.30pm and there’s a Saturday matinee each weekend at 2pm.
Tickets are £8, with £6 concessions on offer as well as family rates available on request – call the box office on 01462 700785 or 07876 353677, or visit the website at www.henlowtheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
You’ll find the pint-sized venue next to the post office at Henlow Camp, and it seats 100 in comfort, with disabled access and licensed bar.
Total ticket sales from the opening Friday night performance are being donated to Diabetes UK.