Organists pulling out all the stops to boost historic Baldock church’s restoration appeal
- Credit: Archant
Baldock’s historic parish church is hosting an organ show extravaganza to raise money for a major roof repair.
The Organ Spectacular show is part of four concerts held at St Mary the Virgin Church to ease the cost of a pricey £380,000 renovation.
The broken roof is wearing thin and has led to leaks and flooding in the south aisle.
The church has already been awarded some funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to draw up plans.
Alex Milne, a committee member of Friends of St Mary’s, said: “We are hoping to get additional funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
You may also want to watch:
“The roof repair is integral to ensure the safety of all those who come into the church.
Organ Spectacular will be held on Saturday evening at St Mary’s, starting at 7.30pm, and will feature organists Alan Childs, Paul Herring, Michael Hoeg and Clifton Hughes.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
Tickets are on sale for £10 and children go free.