Organists pulling out all the stops to boost historic Baldock church’s restoration appeal
- Credit: Archant
Baldock’s historic parish church is hosting an organ show extravaganza to raise money for a major roof repair.
The Organ Spectacular show is part of four concerts held at St Mary the Virgin Church to ease the cost of a pricey £380,000 renovation.
The broken roof is wearing thin and has led to leaks and flooding in the south aisle.
The church has already been awarded some funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to draw up plans.
Alex Milne, a committee member of Friends of St Mary’s, said: “We are hoping to get additional funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
You may also want to watch:
“The roof repair is integral to ensure the safety of all those who come into the church.
Organ Spectacular will be held on Saturday evening at St Mary’s, starting at 7.30pm, and will feature organists Alan Childs, Paul Herring, Michael Hoeg and Clifton Hughes.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
Tickets are on sale for £10 and children go free.