Organists pulling out all the stops to boost historic Baldock church’s restoration appeal
- Credit: Archant
Baldock’s historic parish church is hosting an organ show extravaganza to raise money for a major roof repair.
The Organ Spectacular show is part of four concerts held at St Mary the Virgin Church to ease the cost of a pricey £380,000 renovation.
The broken roof is wearing thin and has led to leaks and flooding in the south aisle.
The church has already been awarded some funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to draw up plans.
Alex Milne, a committee member of Friends of St Mary’s, said: “We are hoping to get additional funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
“The roof repair is integral to ensure the safety of all those who come into the church.
Organ Spectacular will be held on Saturday evening at St Mary’s, starting at 7.30pm, and will feature organists Alan Childs, Paul Herring, Michael Hoeg and Clifton Hughes.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 9 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
Tickets are on sale for £10 and children go free.