Orchestras in harmony
PLAYING at the Church of St Mary the Virgin in Ashwell are the Stevenage Symphony Orchestra and Cambridge Sinfonietta. They are joining forces to perform The Planets Suite – one of Gustav Holst s most well-known works. The two orchestras together make up
PLAYING at the Church of St Mary the Virgin in Ashwell are the Stevenage Symphony Orchestra and Cambridge Sinfonietta.
They are joining forces to perform The Planets Suite - one of Gustav Holst's most well-known works.
The two orchestras together make up the 90 players needed for the piece.
It is rare for amateur orchestras to have the opportunity to perform this piece so this is an exciting collaboration.
You may also want to watch:
Work by Elgar and Mozart will also be performed on the night.
There will be a retiring collection in aid of Romania International Children's Foundation.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 9 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
The concert will take place at 7.30pm on March 24.
Tickets, at £7 and £5 for concessions, are available on the door or in advance by calling: 01727 858714 or from Ashwell Museum.