Opera singer’s music and memories at Stevenage
A PROFESSIONAL opera singer will be mixing music with memories when he takes to the stage next week.
Operatic bass baratone Jonathan Viera comes to the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage for a night of songs and stories at 7.45pm on Wednesday, October 10.
Having performed in grand opera houses around the globe singing in seven different languages, the 48-year-old will be demonstrating his many talents which includes keyboard and guitar and a range of styles and sounds.
Viera, a regular guest on BBC’s Songs of Praise, has a reportoire which includes Louis Armstrong, Billy Joel and Gershwin, as well as being known to do an impressive Van Morrison, Bob Dylan and even Coldplay. But it doesn’t stop there.
Throughout the evening he will also be recounting anecdotes from his personal life, mixing them with a constant stream of wit and humour.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for An Evening with Jonathan Veira are �17, call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to book.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 5 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 6 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth