One woman show and duo’s tribute
A TENNESSEE Williams short story has been adapted for the stage and will be on at the Bowen West Theatre in Bedford next Wednesday, March 8. Linda Marlowe will be performing Mortal Ladies Possessed by one of the greatest playwrights of the 20th century, f
A TENNESSEE Williams short story has been adapted for the stage and will be on at the Bowen West Theatre in Bedford next Wednesday, March 8.
Linda Marlowe will be performing Mortal Ladies Possessed by one of the greatest playwrights of the 20th century, famous for his sensuous plays, often centred on fascinating women.
Described as both haunting and hilarious, Linda Marlowe uses her unique style to bring her characters to life in this solo performance.
Mortal Ladies Possessed is presented in conjunction with Bedfordshire Domestic Violence Partnership for International Women's Day.
* ALSO at the Bowen West Theatre on Friday, March 10, is music in Flanders and Swann.
The masters of 1950s and 1960s madness, mayhem and total silliness are paid affectionate tribute in this evening of their words and music.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 3 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
Michael Flanders and Donald Swann toured the world bringing laughter and song to millions.
Mud, Mud Glorious Mud (The Hippopotamus Song), The Gnu Song, Madeira M'dear, The Gasman Cometh and many other songs have passed into legend along with their anarchic sense of humour, wordplay and fun.
Call 01234 793397 for more information and tickets for both events.