One-woman play aims to cast a very long Shadow in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A thrilling story of jealousy, betrayal and murder is on offer at Hitchin’s Market Theatre as the venue’s latest play takes up residence in Sun Street.
London actress Alice Pitt-Carter is in the spotlight in The Shadow, a one-woman play about a sister who is all loving and kindness and yet falls victim to the corrupting powers of uncontrollable love and passion.
The forces of jealousy overpower her innocence and although she is aware that she is setting off down a path that can only lead to eventual destruction, she is drawn inextricably into a web of evil.
Alice, who is making her first appearance at the Hitchin theatre, says: “People are going to be scared by this show, it has moments that will surprise them.”
The Shadow runs until Saturday, November 22, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
The curtain goes up at 7.30pm and you can book your tickets by calling 01462 433553 or visiting www.markettheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys