ONE SHOT by Lee Childs
JACK REACHER likes Norwegian blondes, choosing new clothes and acting with honour. He s rather rough, very tough and definitely not part of the system. His only possession is a toothbrush. He wears his clothes for four days on the trot, which must be push
JACK REACHER likes Norwegian blondes, choosing new clothes and acting with honour. He's rather rough, very tough and definitely not part of the system.
His only possession is a toothbrush. He wears his clothes for four days on the trot, which must be pushing it even for a man's man, and then ditches them for new ones - by which time he is probably in a different timezone and climate area - of America anyway.
In One Shot he travels to Indiana to nail an old soldier who has just shot five civilians in a random attack. Reacher knows James Barr is guilty. So does everyone else - Barr has obligingly shed truckloads of DNA and left enough clues to satisfy anyone. The only problem is that when Reacher arrives, doubts begin to surface.
Why has Barr asked for Reacher - the one man who will ram home his guilt? Why is his sister so convinced that Barr is innocent? And who are the mysterious men out to get Reacher and stop him investigating the deaths?
Reacher fans will find One Shot up to the usual standard. For anyone making his acquaintance for the first time, prepare for a fast-moving and unusual treat.
Thanks to Waterstones of Hitchin
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock