North Herts’ young musicians in concert
YOUNG musicians from North Hertfordshire are set to start spring on the right note for two concerts organised by Hertfordshire County Council’s music service.
The massed brass and wind band concert, featuring three music centre choirs, takes place at Letchworth GC’s Spirella Ballroom on Saturday from 7.30pm.
The wind ensembles, brass bands and choirs from the Saturday morning music schools at Hitchin, Stevenage and Royston music centres, will be led by the Senior Wind Band.
They will be performing popular songs including Could It Be Magic and Something Inside So Strong, when they will be joined by the choirs on vocals.
Tickets, priced at �6 and �3 concessions, are available from Stevenage Music Centre by calling 01438 351138 or North Herts Music School on 01462 434052.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday the Peter Lambourne Bursary Concert takes place at Benslow Music Trust in Hitchin.
The competition is run jointly by North Herts Music School in association with Hitchin Priory Rotary Club which funds the main prize of �250, and Penny Brooke, who has generously donated a runner-up prize of �100.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
There will be nine participants, all in Year 12 from schools in the area, who will be competing for the bursary.
The concert starts at 6pm and is free to attend.
The performances follow two previous evenings in Hitchin during the past week featuring North Herts Youth Orchestra and North Herts Jazz groups from Stevenage and Hitchin.
Cllr Frances Button, cabinet member for education and skills, said: “Hertfordshire County Council’s music service enjoys an excellent reputation because of great events such as these.
“The spring concerts are a great opportunity for members of the public to enjoy some wonderful music and see the wealth of musical talent we have in the county.”