No white noise as rocky Foxfield get set for Letchworth EP launch
- Credit: Archant
Foxfield frontman Harry Bailey is looking forward to singing at David’s Music in Letchworth – and not just because he works there.
Lead singer Harry, a former pupil at Hitchin’s Highover School, said: “I was talking to the guys and they said the band could play there. Not many acts our age get the chance to play in a music store – it’s awesome.
“We’re an alternative rock band, and a melting pot of differing influences. We formed due to a mutual interest in American progressive rock band ‘Coheed and Cambria’ and have been compared to Biffy Clyro and Muse.
“We all go to college in Hitchin, and plan to go to the same uni – the Institute of Contemporary and Modern Performance.
“Our EP is self-titled as it’s an introduction to the band. There isn’t a running theme to justify a title.
You may also want to watch:
“Waltz was the first song we wrote and recorded. Teeth and White Noise were written for the EP. They show the progression of our song writing style.
“We’ve gigged at Club 85 in HitchinBob Mardon is a great guy who cares about promoting good local musicians. We got our name Foxfield from a street name in Stevenage.”
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
Foxfield play at David’s Music in Eastcheap at 7.30pm next Friday, February 27, and entry is free.
Copies of the EP in CD format can be purchased at David’s on the night, with digital copies available from http://foxfielduk.bandcamp.com/releases or by searching for ‘Foxfield Band’ on Facebook.