No white noise as rocky Foxfield get set for Letchworth EP launch
- Credit: Archant
Foxfield frontman Harry Bailey is looking forward to singing at David’s Music in Letchworth – and not just because he works there.
Lead singer Harry, a former pupil at Hitchin’s Highover School, said: “I was talking to the guys and they said the band could play there. Not many acts our age get the chance to play in a music store – it’s awesome.
“We’re an alternative rock band, and a melting pot of differing influences. We formed due to a mutual interest in American progressive rock band ‘Coheed and Cambria’ and have been compared to Biffy Clyro and Muse.
“We all go to college in Hitchin, and plan to go to the same uni – the Institute of Contemporary and Modern Performance.
“Our EP is self-titled as it’s an introduction to the band. There isn’t a running theme to justify a title.
You may also want to watch:
“Waltz was the first song we wrote and recorded. Teeth and White Noise were written for the EP. They show the progression of our song writing style.
“We’ve gigged at Club 85 in HitchinBob Mardon is a great guy who cares about promoting good local musicians. We got our name Foxfield from a street name in Stevenage.”
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Foxfield play at David’s Music in Eastcheap at 7.30pm next Friday, February 27, and entry is free.
Copies of the EP in CD format can be purchased at David’s on the night, with digital copies available from http://foxfielduk.bandcamp.com/releases or by searching for ‘Foxfield Band’ on Facebook.