New ska night at the canary club
A dedicated night for lovers of ska begins next month.
The Canary Club – the revamped Hitchin FC clubhouse will be the venue for the monthly ska, reggae and Two-Tone night.
Organiser Peter Lowry said live bands and DJ sets are being organised “to cater for the Herts’ love of good music”.
A fan of the music since he was young, Peter added: “There’s quite a market for it – there’s a lot of interest in ska in Hertfordshire. It’s a personal favourite of mine and I could see it would be appreciated not only for myself but for all those fans of the music in the area.”
The inaugural night on Saturday Febuary 18 will feature two live sets from Covered In Skas as well as Hitchin’s DJ PAL playing early reggae, rocksteady, ska and Two-Tone throughout the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5.50 in advance or �6 on the door, to book call Peter on 07590 987619.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition