New ska night at the canary club
A dedicated night for lovers of ska begins next month.
The Canary Club – the revamped Hitchin FC clubhouse will be the venue for the monthly ska, reggae and Two-Tone night.
Organiser Peter Lowry said live bands and DJ sets are being organised “to cater for the Herts’ love of good music”.
A fan of the music since he was young, Peter added: “There’s quite a market for it – there’s a lot of interest in ska in Hertfordshire. It’s a personal favourite of mine and I could see it would be appreciated not only for myself but for all those fans of the music in the area.”
The inaugural night on Saturday Febuary 18 will feature two live sets from Covered In Skas as well as Hitchin’s DJ PAL playing early reggae, rocksteady, ska and Two-Tone throughout the night.
Tickets are �5.50 in advance or �6 on the door, to book call Peter on 07590 987619.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash