New ska night at the canary club
A dedicated night for lovers of ska begins next month.
The Canary Club – the revamped Hitchin FC clubhouse will be the venue for the monthly ska, reggae and Two-Tone night.
Organiser Peter Lowry said live bands and DJ sets are being organised “to cater for the Herts’ love of good music”.
A fan of the music since he was young, Peter added: “There’s quite a market for it – there’s a lot of interest in ska in Hertfordshire. It’s a personal favourite of mine and I could see it would be appreciated not only for myself but for all those fans of the music in the area.”
The inaugural night on Saturday Febuary 18 will feature two live sets from Covered In Skas as well as Hitchin’s DJ PAL playing early reggae, rocksteady, ska and Two-Tone throughout the night.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �5.50 in advance or �6 on the door, to book call Peter on 07590 987619.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?