New Model Army, Skindred and Black Stone Cherry join Sonisphere line-up
A second wave of bands has been announced for this summer’s Sonisphere Festival.
The organisers of the international touring rock festival have confirmed eleven more acts for the Knebworth Park rock and metal weekender in July.
Joining confirmed headliners Kiss, Queen and Faith No More will be hardcore innovators glassjaw, Hundred Reasons, South African post-grunge trio Seether, Kentucky’s Black Stone Cherry, Dorset four-piece Electric Wizard and Norwegians Kvelertak.
Also joining the UK leg are festival favourites Skindred, post-punk heroes New Model Army, Crowbar, Alestorm and The Getaway Plan.
Benji Webbe, Skindred frontman, said he can’t wait to return to the Saturn stage on the Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve built this band on being a solid, tight live act and what more of a perfect platform can one ask for other than Sonisphere Festival Knebworth 2012,” he said.
“We are so thankful and honoured to be invited back once again.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
New Model Army will play a late night set on the Bohemia stage on the opening night after headliners Kiss finish up on the Apollo stage.
The festival takes place from Friday July 6 to Sunday July 8. Go to sonisphere.co.uk for ticket information.