New Hitchin venue, same comedy fun
A MONTHLY comedy club will hold its first show in a new venue next week.
Doggett and Ephgrave’s Mostly Comedy is moving from The Croft to The Market Theatre Studio in Hitchin for Thursday’s gig.
Topping the bill is Celia Pacquola, who comes to the venue in Sun Street on the back of four-star reviews from The Guardian, The Telegraph and The Scotsman.
The Australian has appeared on BBC1’s The Rob Brydon Show, BBC3’s Russell Howard’s Good News and E4’s Show & Tell, while on home soil she has won the Best Comedy award at 2008 Melbourne Fringe and Best Australian Act at the 2009 Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Joining her will be musical comic Jay Foreman, who comes fresh from supporting Dave Gorman on his three-month National No. 1 Tour.
You may also want to watch:
Foreman has received five and four-star reviews almost across the board at his last two Edinburgh Festivals and has been described by Steve Bennett at Chortle as “a Victoria Wood for the Spotify generation”.
Also appearing is comic, writer and actor Matt Green, who has featured on TV favourites Harry Hill’s TV Burp on ITV1 and BBC2’s Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Completing the line-up is the up-and-coming comic Jack De’ath, who has received praise by star of Red Dwarf, Norman Lovett.
The bar will be open from 8.30pm, with the first act taking the stage at 9.15pm.
Tickets are �8, and can be booked in advance via www.mostlycomedy.co.uk