New headliner announced for Standon Calling
A FESTIVAL has today (Tuesday) added a string of new acts to its line-up.
Standon Calling announced this week that Band of Skulls would be its second headliner, alongside De La Soul, which it announced earlier in the year.
Their gritty, harmony-heavy tracks have won them the admiration and respect of both fans and critics on an international scale, seeing the band rocket from their Southampton origins to shows in Austin’s South By South West and opening for Muse on their current American tour.
Bastille, AlunaGeorge, King Charles, The Correspondents, Gentleman’s Dub Club, Belakiss, Bibelots, New Groove Formation and Stills also join the bill, providing a mix of swing/hip-hop, reggae fusion, rock n’ roll, electronic and ska sounds.
Local singer-songwriter Annie Dale, too, will be getting involved and is the first of a number of Hertfordshire acts to play at the festival this year.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird tickets for the festival, which takes place at Standon Lordship on August 2-4, are now sold out. But tier one weekend tickets can now be purchased at £99 each.
Visit www.standon-calling.com/tickets to find out more.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
- 8 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 9 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers