New headliner announced for Standon Calling
A FESTIVAL has today (Tuesday) added a string of new acts to its line-up.
Standon Calling announced this week that Band of Skulls would be its second headliner, alongside De La Soul, which it announced earlier in the year.
Their gritty, harmony-heavy tracks have won them the admiration and respect of both fans and critics on an international scale, seeing the band rocket from their Southampton origins to shows in Austin’s South By South West and opening for Muse on their current American tour.
Bastille, AlunaGeorge, King Charles, The Correspondents, Gentleman’s Dub Club, Belakiss, Bibelots, New Groove Formation and Stills also join the bill, providing a mix of swing/hip-hop, reggae fusion, rock n’ roll, electronic and ska sounds.
Local singer-songwriter Annie Dale, too, will be getting involved and is the first of a number of Hertfordshire acts to play at the festival this year.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird tickets for the festival, which takes place at Standon Lordship on August 2-4, are now sold out. But tier one weekend tickets can now be purchased at £99 each.
Visit www.standon-calling.com/tickets to find out more.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays