New Baldock comedy night for North Herts club
A COMEDY club which has been running for almost two decades is starting up its third show in North Herts.
Lastminutecomedy Club already holds two monthly gigs in Hitchin and Letchworth GC but is now branching out to Baldock for three consecutive nights of entertainment.
First up is the Hitchin gig, now in its 19th year, with Mandy Knight bringing a fast and furious tirade of filthy banter to Woodside Hall tomorrow (Friday).
She will be joined by Chris McCausland, the UK’s only touring blind comedian who has observations aplenty, and host Paul B Edwards.
The trio will be back the following night (Saturday) for a repeat performance at Letchworth Arts Centre, which started up five years ago on the back of the success of the monthly Hitchin nights.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Sunday something “a little bit different” comes to The Engine pub in Baldock for the first time.
Alan Francis, dubbed the Ronnie Corbett of the alternative circuit, tops a bill which also includes stand-up from Javier Jarquin, Duncan Hart and Omar Hamdi.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Paul B Edwards, who completes the line-up, said of the new show: “It all came about as a result of the brilliant response we got to putting on a comedy show at Balstock earlier this year.
“The town’s never had a regular comedy show and it’s long overdue so I’m really excited about starting the show at The Engine.
“It’s going to be a little bit different to our usual shows to reflect the fact that it’s in a pub and not a theatre or arts centre but man – what a pub!”
Doors open for each night at 7.30pm ahead of an 8.30pm start time with tickets for the Hitchin and Letchworth GC shows �10 or �8 for members.
Entry to the Baldock gig is �8 or �6 for members with tickets available in advance from the pub in Station Road.
Tickets to the Letchworth GC night are also available in advance from Letchworth Arts Centre in The Arcade, by calling 01462 670788 between 10am and 3pm or booking online via www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/25646