My Passion to share with everyone
STYLE, beauty and grace combined with art, love and dreams influenced the five guys of My Passion. In advance of their first local show under their new name, Laurence from the Hitchin-based band, which has captured imaginations locally and nationally as S
STYLE, beauty and grace combined with art, love and dreams influenced the five guys of My Passion.
In advance of their first local show under their new name, Laurence from the Hitchin-based band, which has captured imaginations locally and nationally as Shard, answered a few questions.
What is to come from My Passion later this year?
"We have two recordings booked, one very soon and the other in late July. We are heading to Criterion Studios in the city with producer Mark Williams, who has recently worked with bands such as Placebo and Bloc Party, so we can't wait.
"A CD single will be available around mid-March. We are playing loads of live dates during this time in the UK and then Europe in the autumn.
"Our first local dates are at Club 85 on February 24, followed by a Club 85 all-age event on the afternoon of April 15.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
"We plan to be adding all sorts of exciting stuff regularly to our websites, www.mypassion.co.uk and www.myspace.com/mypassionmusic, including videos, live tracks, photos, interviews and competitions.
"We also have My Passion Fashion, selling clothing, bags and other hot goodies on the online store.
"David Silvian is one of my idols. He was in a band called Japan in the late 1970s. He influenced me.
"There are lots of people that influence us, though. Robert Smith from The Cure is someone who I'm often compared to. We have listened to them since we were little, so it's a nice comparison."
My Passion plays Hitchin Club 85 this Friday, with Cool Ethan and Model Horror also on the bill.
It's £5 to enter the 16+ venue.