Musical fun for all the family
A FAMILY music day courtesy of the Philharmonia Orchestra is on offer at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Saturday, January 28. Myths and Legends involves a set of percussion and craft workshops followed by a concert by the Philharmonia Orchestra s Elastic Ba
A FAMILY music day courtesy of the Philharmonia Orchestra is on offer at the Bedford Corn Exchange on Saturday, January 28.
Myths and Legends involves a set of percussion and craft workshops followed by a concert by the Philharmonia Orchestra's Elastic Band.
With every ticket, visitors are entitled to two free workshops, in music and craft, and the fun activities will be available all morning.
There will also be a free class teaching the singing and actions required for joining in the concert, which will include many favourites such as The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas, Orpheus in the Underworld by Offenbach and the theme tune from Harry Potter.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are inviting guests to come dressed as their favourite characters from the world of fantasy such as wizards, elves, fairies and trolls!
The concert starts at 12noon and will last approximately an hour.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
Tickets cost £3 for children and concessions and £6 for adults.
Children must be accompanied by an adult and the event is recommended for five to 11-year-olds.