Musical duo on collision course for free Saturday session at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms
- Credit: Archant
Musical duo The Mighty Collider plan an Easter treat for fans at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms pub on Saturday.
The partnership of Andy Murthar and Adie Sprinks have been performing their own material locally for more than a year but this is the first time they have turned promoters.
Adie said: “We are so lucky in the Hitchin area to have such a vibrant live music scene and to also have so many venues and pubs, like the Bricklayers, actively supporting and encouraging it.”
They promise some surprise guest musicians as well as headline act, East-Herts based trio Schrödinger’s Strings, who will be performing their intriguing mix of original and cover songs played on both guitar and harps.
Also on the bill will be up-and-coming Hitchin-based singer-songwriter Freddy Best and some spoken word interludes provided by Richard McFerran from the Hitchin DJ outfit The Winchester Collective.
The evening kicks off at 8pm and admission is free.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service