Musical duo on collision course for free Saturday session at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms
- Credit: Archant
Musical duo The Mighty Collider plan an Easter treat for fans at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms pub on Saturday.
The partnership of Andy Murthar and Adie Sprinks have been performing their own material locally for more than a year but this is the first time they have turned promoters.
Adie said: “We are so lucky in the Hitchin area to have such a vibrant live music scene and to also have so many venues and pubs, like the Bricklayers, actively supporting and encouraging it.”
They promise some surprise guest musicians as well as headline act, East-Herts based trio Schrödinger’s Strings, who will be performing their intriguing mix of original and cover songs played on both guitar and harps.
Also on the bill will be up-and-coming Hitchin-based singer-songwriter Freddy Best and some spoken word interludes provided by Richard McFerran from the Hitchin DJ outfit The Winchester Collective.
You may also want to watch:
The evening kicks off at 8pm and admission is free.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 4 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 5 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 8 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth