Musical duo on collision course for free Saturday session at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms
- Credit: Archant
Musical duo The Mighty Collider plan an Easter treat for fans at Hitchin’s Bricklayers Arms pub on Saturday.
The partnership of Andy Murthar and Adie Sprinks have been performing their own material locally for more than a year but this is the first time they have turned promoters.
Adie said: “We are so lucky in the Hitchin area to have such a vibrant live music scene and to also have so many venues and pubs, like the Bricklayers, actively supporting and encouraging it.”
They promise some surprise guest musicians as well as headline act, East-Herts based trio Schrödinger’s Strings, who will be performing their intriguing mix of original and cover songs played on both guitar and harps.
Also on the bill will be up-and-coming Hitchin-based singer-songwriter Freddy Best and some spoken word interludes provided by Richard McFerran from the Hitchin DJ outfit The Winchester Collective.
You may also want to watch:
The evening kicks off at 8pm and admission is free.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death