More than sport at Shorty’s bar
EVERY Sunday evening, from around 8.30pm, Shorty s Sports Bar in Hitchin s Queen Street hosts Shorty s Sunday Sessions, featuring a fine array of talent, some local and some not so. Local promoter Gareth Ross explains: We book a headline act for every S
EVERY Sunday evening, from around 8.30pm, Shorty's Sports Bar in Hitchin's Queen Street hosts Shorty's Sunday Sessions, featuring a fine array of talent, some local and some not so.
Local promoter Gareth Ross explains:
"We book a headline act for every Sunday. Acts are usually acoustic but we have been willing to bend and even break the rules, on occasions.
"They take the stage at 9.30pm but anybody is welcome to turn up and play a 20-minute slot, to fill the hour beforehand.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're interested, just make sure you turn up before 8pm on the night unless you have contacted me beforehand.
"There's no payment for any of the acts but the landlord will provide free beer for performers who make themselves known to the bar staff.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
"There's a large, low-level stage, a PA and lighting, and our soundman Ash can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
"This Sunday, the show includes Ady and Fireflies.
"Upcoming highlights include The Vicious Cabaret, one of the best bands around, who headline on March 19, guitar genius Gaz Twist, who has the audience spellbound, on April 9, and blues band Ten Days Unshaven, who get the place jumping, on May 28."
"We're also involved as part of the Rhythms of the World fringe festival this year, showcasing bands and artists on Sunday July 16.
"There are seven 45-minute slots available and, as tradition now dictates, The Vicious Cabaret will be headlining for a perfect end to the weekend's festival."
Performers interested in playing any of the above events, either as headliners or support acts, or anyone who would like to find out more, can contact Gareth on 07970 122260, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org