More bands added to Knebworth’s Sonisphere line-up...and comedy acts
TWELVE more bands have been confirmed as playing at Sonisphere in Knebworth Park this summer, and comedy has also been added to the bill.
COMEDY has been added to the bill for this summer’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park.
Rock and metal fans at the music event over the weekend of July 30 to August 1 will be entertained by Sean Hughes, Tim Minchin, Andrew O’Neill and Jarred Christmas, who are the first four comedy acts to be confirmed.
Inspired by discussions with ticket-holders and forum users, the comedy section will take place on the Saturday and Sunday, with Kiwi master of mirth Jarred Christmas as compere.
Having already scooped a Best Compere gong from this year’s Chortle Awards, Jarred’s dynamic on stage persona coupled with his ability to improvise and roll with anything that’s thrown at him have previously seen him appear in the cult TV smash Flight of the Conchords.
Hot on Jarred’s heels is Portsmouth-born vegan, anarchist and transvestite comedian-musician-writer Andrew O’Neill.
Andrew, nominated for the Chortle Awards’ Breakthrough Act last year, has received rave reviews in the press, and accolades from some of comedy’s legends, including Steve Coogan.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
Also confirmed is self-proclaimed rock ’n’ roll nerd Tim Minchin.
With his unique brand of multi-disciplined hilarity, Tim is raising the bar on live comedy. Wildly unorthodox, his acclaimed act not only offers quick-witted observations and rapid-fire delivery, but also the striking sound of an accomplished pianist, albeit a barefoot one.
Sean Hughes completes the first raft of comedians announced for Knebworth. A former Perrier Comedy Award winner, Sean’s TV credits include a stint as a team captain on cult TV show Never Mind The Buzzcocks between 1996 and 2002.