More bands added to Knebworth’s Sonisphere line-up...and comedy acts
TWELVE more bands have been confirmed as playing at Sonisphere in Knebworth Park this summer, and comedy has also been added to the bill.
COMEDY has been added to the bill for this summer’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park.
Rock and metal fans at the music event over the weekend of July 30 to August 1 will be entertained by Sean Hughes, Tim Minchin, Andrew O’Neill and Jarred Christmas, who are the first four comedy acts to be confirmed.
Inspired by discussions with ticket-holders and forum users, the comedy section will take place on the Saturday and Sunday, with Kiwi master of mirth Jarred Christmas as compere.
Having already scooped a Best Compere gong from this year’s Chortle Awards, Jarred’s dynamic on stage persona coupled with his ability to improvise and roll with anything that’s thrown at him have previously seen him appear in the cult TV smash Flight of the Conchords.
You may also want to watch:
Hot on Jarred’s heels is Portsmouth-born vegan, anarchist and transvestite comedian-musician-writer Andrew O’Neill.
Andrew, nominated for the Chortle Awards’ Breakthrough Act last year, has received rave reviews in the press, and accolades from some of comedy’s legends, including Steve Coogan.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
Also confirmed is self-proclaimed rock ’n’ roll nerd Tim Minchin.
With his unique brand of multi-disciplined hilarity, Tim is raising the bar on live comedy. Wildly unorthodox, his acclaimed act not only offers quick-witted observations and rapid-fire delivery, but also the striking sound of an accomplished pianist, albeit a barefoot one.
Sean Hughes completes the first raft of comedians announced for Knebworth. A former Perrier Comedy Award winner, Sean’s TV credits include a stint as a team captain on cult TV show Never Mind The Buzzcocks between 1996 and 2002.