Mods on the march
ADDING something just a little bit different to the already lively music scene in Hitchin is the Tailor Made club night. Focusing on 60s sweet soul, big boss ska, British beat and fuzzy garage, this Friday s offering at Club 85 in Whinbush Road features t
ADDING something just a little bit different to the already lively music scene in Hitchin is the Tailor Made club night.
Focusing on 60s sweet soul, big boss ska, British beat and fuzzy garage, this Friday's offering at Club 85 in Whinbush Road features two live bands - The Bresslaws and The Parade.
The former are a Hammond-organ driven garage and mod rock and roll band from Medway in Kent and are described by lead vocalist Vic as 'a bunch of Mods playing in a Garage band'.
"We're a five piece band playing the music that we love. We were brought up with the sounds of the Mod and Ska revival from 1979 onwards, and then the Medway Garage scene, which took off in the early 1980s and is still going strong.
You may also want to watch:
"The '60s are obviously a great influence on us, as with all Mods, and you can probably hear many influences within the sounds that we play."
In support is a band from a little bit closer to home - The Parade, from Letchworth GC - and these guys are out promoting their new single (What Became Of) The Blue Eyed Boy which you can hear at www.the-parade.net
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
Other songs including I Remember An Angel and This Song are also available to hear online.
These four lads take their inspiration from the '60s beat and more recent additions to the world of music such as The Kings of Leon and The Libertines and look like a match for anyone.
They have also been pencilled in to appear at the same venue on December 22 for a Christmas Special.
But enough about Christmas I say. It's not even the end of November yet.
Back to this Friday's gig: tickets are priced at £5.