Mod-fest for ARCfest at Club85
PSYCHEDELIA, mod classics and mod influenced pop should whip up a 1960s style dance floor freak-out at Club85.
Stevenage’s raucous The Mynd Set, who look as good as they sound, mod covers band Milner and the Oasis/Verve/Weller-soaked The Ben Drake Band are on the line-up for this warm-up gig for this year’s ARCfest. The Club85 weekender in March is being put on for the sixth time by the lovely chaps at Shefford’s SoundARC studios and promo in aid of The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth.
SoundARC’s Andrew Budge said: “As we were confirming the line-up for ARCfest we realised that we still had a few bands that would all happen to go down a storm on the same bill. So the idea of doing a mod night came about, with all the winnings from this gig going towards the hospice.
“So far we have raised �7,500 – our aim is to get that up to �10,000 between this gig and the full ARCfest weekender. Please help us make this happen!”
You heard the man.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the Friday January 27 event – which has special permission to party on until 1am with the SoundARC DJs playing Two-Tone, ska, Northern Soul and New Wave - is a well spent fiver.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 10 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats