Mod-fest for ARCfest at Club85
PSYCHEDELIA, mod classics and mod influenced pop should whip up a 1960s style dance floor freak-out at Club85.
Stevenage’s raucous The Mynd Set, who look as good as they sound, mod covers band Milner and the Oasis/Verve/Weller-soaked The Ben Drake Band are on the line-up for this warm-up gig for this year’s ARCfest. The Club85 weekender in March is being put on for the sixth time by the lovely chaps at Shefford’s SoundARC studios and promo in aid of The Garden House Hospice in Letchworth.
SoundARC’s Andrew Budge said: “As we were confirming the line-up for ARCfest we realised that we still had a few bands that would all happen to go down a storm on the same bill. So the idea of doing a mod night came about, with all the winnings from this gig going towards the hospice.
“So far we have raised �7,500 – our aim is to get that up to �10,000 between this gig and the full ARCfest weekender. Please help us make this happen!”
You heard the man.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the Friday January 27 event – which has special permission to party on until 1am with the SoundARC DJs playing Two-Tone, ska, Northern Soul and New Wave - is a well spent fiver.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage