Miranda Sykes brings solo tour to Hitchin
- Credit: Allan Wilkinson
A musician who regularly tours with multi-award-winning acoustic roots/folk duo Show of Hands will be appearing live in her own right in Hitchin this weekend.
Miranda Sykes brings her solo UK tour to Hitchin Folk Club at The Sun Hotel in Sun Street on Sunday, June 3.
The acclaimed singer and bassist with Show of Hands is returning to her roots with her latest album.
After a career spanning over 20 years, during which time she has played with many of the top musicians and singers within the folk world, she will be touring as she started out: One woman, one bass, and one guitar.
Borrowed Place, released last year, is her debut solo album and draws its inspiration primarily from the songs and landscape of her native Lincolnshire, but seen through the eyes of someone who has lived away for many years.
You may also want to watch:
Doors to her Hitchin gig open at 7.30pm, with the show starting at 8.15pm.
Tickets cost £12 members and £14 non members.
Call 01462 812391 or visit www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts