Miranda Sykes brings solo tour to Hitchin
- Credit: Allan Wilkinson
A musician who regularly tours with multi-award-winning acoustic roots/folk duo Show of Hands will be appearing live in her own right in Hitchin this weekend.
Miranda Sykes brings her solo UK tour to Hitchin Folk Club at The Sun Hotel in Sun Street on Sunday, June 3.
The acclaimed singer and bassist with Show of Hands is returning to her roots with her latest album.
After a career spanning over 20 years, during which time she has played with many of the top musicians and singers within the folk world, she will be touring as she started out: One woman, one bass, and one guitar.
Borrowed Place, released last year, is her debut solo album and draws its inspiration primarily from the songs and landscape of her native Lincolnshire, but seen through the eyes of someone who has lived away for many years.
You may also want to watch:
Doors to her Hitchin gig open at 7.30pm, with the show starting at 8.15pm.
Tickets cost £12 members and £14 non members.
Call 01462 812391 or visit www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth