Mighty Quinn skates in for Stevenage date dreaming of a smash hit
- Credit: Archant
Leona Lewis hasn’t done too badly for herself since she took first place in the 2006 series of The X-Factor, and Ray Quinn can’t see why he shouldn’t be making a similar impact.
Former Brookside actor Ray was runner-up that year, and soon followed up his small screen success with a debut album before taking stage roles in a string of hit musicals including Grease, Legally Blonde, Dirty Dancing and The Rise And Fall Of Little Voice.
He also stepped back into the TV challenge area, winning Dancing On Ice in 2009 and returning to take all-star honours last year.
But after a successful EP last year he’s back on the road promoting a new album.
His Dare To Dream tour pulls into Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre on Wednesday, March 25, one of 18 dates up and down the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The new album, which has the same name as the tour package, is due out next month and steers away from the big band swing with which Ray made his name and into a more jazzy soul funk genre.
Ray, who is still only 26, said: “I’ve had time to grow as an artist.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
“I’m now doing songs that I’m writing from my experiences and through maturity in the industry.
“Alongside a great team of producers and writers, I’m helping to produce the music I want, in a style I can only describe as a funk/soul/jazz feel – taking myself towards a new direction, creating songs that move people and reaching out to a wider demographic.
“I’m very excited to be taking my love for music out on the road again.
“I’m right at home singing live on stage so it will be as much as a treat for me as it will my fans. This is my passion and I cannot wait!”
Find out more about the show and book tickets online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01438 363200.