Memory lane movie hits will aid two good causes thanks to Variety Express concerts in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Two North Herts charities will be among those applauding when the curtain goes down on the 2015 Variety Express show in Letchworth.
This year’s series of concerts, with the theme of At The Movies, will run from Wednesday, October 28, to Saturday, October 31, at the group’s regular venue, the theatre at St Francis College in Broadway.
Evening performances start at 7.30pm and there’s also a Saturday matinee at 2pm.
The good causes which benefit are Hitchin-based Crossroads Care North Herts, which provides support for unpaid family carers and the people they care for, working with more than 600 carers in the area, and the Letchworth-based Hertfordshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre, which provides therapies for people affected by MS and other neurological and long term conditions.
At The Movies features songs from films through the decades in a unique mix of song, dance and comedy, guaranteed to provide a fabulous evening of entertainment, and a chance for audiences to sing-a-long.
You may also want to watch:
Special guests this year include world champion jive dancers from Rodney’s Dance School.
Variety Express draws its members from Herts and Beds and has been staging shows for more than 30 years.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
During that time they have donated more than £106,000 to good causes.
Chairman and cast member, David Hearl said: ‘I am very proud and excited for this year’s production. The cast and crew have worked tirelessly throughout the year and it promises to be a delightful trip down memory lane – look out for me during The Time Warp!”
Tickets are £9 and £7, and you can book yours online at www.varietyexpress.org.uk or by calling 0333 666 3366.