Melodeon and more as Baldock ceilidh night echoes to Fendragon four
- Credit: Archant
Friday night is ceilidh night at Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre as the Unicorn crew crank up the volume for their monthly session. In the spotlight this month are Fendragon, with Alison Giles calling.
The Fendragon four-piece band includes melodeon master Anahata, Mary Humphreys and Gina and Dave Holland.
As well as the melodeon, you’ll find fiddle, flute, cello, recorder and piano being pressed into action as the quartet perform traditional and new tunes.
Alison calls regularly with Fendragon, and has a great rapport with the audience, as well as lots of excellent dances.
The interval spot is Redbornstoke Morris, dancing their own Ampthill tradition with energy and precision.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm and the music starts at 9pm. You can pay on the door – adults £10, seniors £9 and U18s £6, There’s a student/unwaged discount rate of £7 and the first six students in the queue before 8pm get in free.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death