Melodeon and more as Baldock ceilidh night echoes to Fendragon four
- Credit: Archant
Friday night is ceilidh night at Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre as the Unicorn crew crank up the volume for their monthly session. In the spotlight this month are Fendragon, with Alison Giles calling.
The Fendragon four-piece band includes melodeon master Anahata, Mary Humphreys and Gina and Dave Holland.
As well as the melodeon, you’ll find fiddle, flute, cello, recorder and piano being pressed into action as the quartet perform traditional and new tunes.
Alison calls regularly with Fendragon, and has a great rapport with the audience, as well as lots of excellent dances.
The interval spot is Redbornstoke Morris, dancing their own Ampthill tradition with energy and precision.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm and the music starts at 9pm. You can pay on the door – adults £10, seniors £9 and U18s £6, There’s a student/unwaged discount rate of £7 and the first six students in the queue before 8pm get in free.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?