Melobo get in the mood for an early Unicorn ceilidh date as Easter forces Baldock calendar change
- Credit: Archant
The music is usually cranked up for Unicorn ceilidh nights in Baldock on the last Friday of the month – but this year that’s Good Friday, so the team has pulled the date forward a week.
That means that trio Melobo and caller Jane Bird will be at St Mary’s Hall in Church Street from 8pm tomorrow night – doors open at 7.30pm.
This month’s guests hail from over Oxford way, where they are renowned for providing an unusual sound which mixes up melodeon, fiddle, oboe, recorder and guitars.
It’s £10 for adults, with seniors over 65 paying £9 and children under 18 £6.
Students and those without jobs pay £7, but the first six students before 8pm get in free.
You may also want to watch:
With the first two ceilidh nights of 2016 attracting bumper crowds, organisers are keen to keep the momentum going.
Find out more about the Unicorn set-up online at www.unicornceilidhs.org.uk.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 4 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year