Melobo get in the mood for an early Unicorn ceilidh date as Easter forces Baldock calendar change
- Credit: Archant
The music is usually cranked up for Unicorn ceilidh nights in Baldock on the last Friday of the month – but this year that’s Good Friday, so the team has pulled the date forward a week.
That means that trio Melobo and caller Jane Bird will be at St Mary’s Hall in Church Street from 8pm tomorrow night – doors open at 7.30pm.
This month’s guests hail from over Oxford way, where they are renowned for providing an unusual sound which mixes up melodeon, fiddle, oboe, recorder and guitars.
It’s £10 for adults, with seniors over 65 paying £9 and children under 18 £6.
Students and those without jobs pay £7, but the first six students before 8pm get in free.
With the first two ceilidh nights of 2016 attracting bumper crowds, organisers are keen to keep the momentum going.
Find out more about the Unicorn set-up online at www.unicornceilidhs.org.uk.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase