Melobo get in the mood for an early Unicorn ceilidh date as Easter forces Baldock calendar change
- Credit: Archant
The music is usually cranked up for Unicorn ceilidh nights in Baldock on the last Friday of the month – but this year that’s Good Friday, so the team has pulled the date forward a week.
That means that trio Melobo and caller Jane Bird will be at St Mary’s Hall in Church Street from 8pm tomorrow night – doors open at 7.30pm.
This month’s guests hail from over Oxford way, where they are renowned for providing an unusual sound which mixes up melodeon, fiddle, oboe, recorder and guitars.
It’s £10 for adults, with seniors over 65 paying £9 and children under 18 £6.
Students and those without jobs pay £7, but the first six students before 8pm get in free.
You may also want to watch:
With the first two ceilidh nights of 2016 attracting bumper crowds, organisers are keen to keep the momentum going.
Find out more about the Unicorn set-up online at www.unicornceilidhs.org.uk.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal