Acclaimed folk duo appearing at Hitchin hotel
- Credit: Supplied by PR agency Pomona
An acclaimed husband and wife folk duo will bring their current UK tour to a close in Hertfordshire later this month.
Megson will be performing at The Sun Hotel in Hitchin on Sunday, November 26 as part of their UK autumn tour.
Four times nominated in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and double winners of the Spiral Earth Awards, Debs Hanna and Stu Hanna bring an infectious mix of heavenly vocals, lush harmonies and driving rhythmic guitars.
They have gained fame on the British folk scene, not only for their intelligent songwriting, but for their exquisite musicianship and Northern humour.
Summer 2016 saw the release of their latest studio album, Good Times Will Come Again, which folk broadcasting legend Mike Harding described as “one of the top albums of 2016”.
You may also want to watch:
Stu has also produced and recorded award-winning music for Show of Hands, Stevenage singer-songwriter Kelly Oliver, Lucy Ward, The Willows, Sam Kelly and The Young’uns.
Described in The Guardian as “the most original duo on the British folk scene”, Megson appeared at Hatfield’s Folk by the Oak festival back in 2010.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
Tickets for their gig at Hitchin Folk Club on November 26 cost £12 members, and £14 non members.
Doors to the Sun Street venue open at 7.30pm.
Reserve tickets on 01462 812391 or email email@example.com
• For more details, visit Hitchin Folk Club’s website at www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net