Acclaimed folk duo appearing at Hitchin hotel
- Credit: Supplied by PR agency Pomona
An acclaimed husband and wife folk duo will bring their current UK tour to a close in Hertfordshire later this month.
Megson will be performing at The Sun Hotel in Hitchin on Sunday, November 26 as part of their UK autumn tour.
Four times nominated in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and double winners of the Spiral Earth Awards, Debs Hanna and Stu Hanna bring an infectious mix of heavenly vocals, lush harmonies and driving rhythmic guitars.
They have gained fame on the British folk scene, not only for their intelligent songwriting, but for their exquisite musicianship and Northern humour.
Summer 2016 saw the release of their latest studio album, Good Times Will Come Again, which folk broadcasting legend Mike Harding described as “one of the top albums of 2016”.
Stu has also produced and recorded award-winning music for Show of Hands, Stevenage singer-songwriter Kelly Oliver, Lucy Ward, The Willows, Sam Kelly and The Young’uns.
Described in The Guardian as “the most original duo on the British folk scene”, Megson appeared at Hatfield’s Folk by the Oak festival back in 2010.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
Tickets for their gig at Hitchin Folk Club on November 26 cost £12 members, and £14 non members.
Doors to the Sun Street venue open at 7.30pm.
Reserve tickets on 01462 812391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more details, visit Hitchin Folk Club’s website at www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net