Acclaimed folk duo appearing at Hitchin hotel
- Credit: Supplied by PR agency Pomona
An acclaimed husband and wife folk duo will bring their current UK tour to a close in Hertfordshire later this month.
Megson will be performing at The Sun Hotel in Hitchin on Sunday, November 26 as part of their UK autumn tour.
Four times nominated in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and double winners of the Spiral Earth Awards, Debs Hanna and Stu Hanna bring an infectious mix of heavenly vocals, lush harmonies and driving rhythmic guitars.
They have gained fame on the British folk scene, not only for their intelligent songwriting, but for their exquisite musicianship and Northern humour.
Summer 2016 saw the release of their latest studio album, Good Times Will Come Again, which folk broadcasting legend Mike Harding described as “one of the top albums of 2016”.
Stu has also produced and recorded award-winning music for Show of Hands, Stevenage singer-songwriter Kelly Oliver, Lucy Ward, The Willows, Sam Kelly and The Young’uns.
Described in The Guardian as “the most original duo on the British folk scene”, Megson appeared at Hatfield’s Folk by the Oak festival back in 2010.
- 1 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 2 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 3 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 4 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 7 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 8 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
Tickets for their gig at Hitchin Folk Club on November 26 cost £12 members, and £14 non members.
Doors to the Sun Street venue open at 7.30pm.
Reserve tickets on 01462 812391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more details, visit Hitchin Folk Club’s website at www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net