Maria’s pupils stepping up to the challenge when touring show visits Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
When a touring production inspired by the music and dance of Ireland, the USA and Spain takes to the stage at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next month, pupils from a Letchworth school will be joining the cast.
Essence Of Ireland promises a compelling love story inspired by true events when it arrives at the venue on Wednesday, March 11, just as the Irish population of North Herts is gearing up for St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Creative director and co-writer Ged Graham is delighted to have dancers from the Marie Grant School of Irish Dancers performing.
He said: “We really want the dancers to participate fully in our show and not just be on the outer edges.
“I want them to have fantastic memories of being a real part of our production.
You may also want to watch:
“We set out not just to tell a powerful love story, but to tell a bigger tale based on true events about the love between a man and his country – something which audiences really relate to.
“Our show is guaranteed to entertain and move audiences young and old, whether through our hard hitting story or through our quality music and dance.”
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys