Maria’s pupils stepping up to the challenge when touring show visits Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
When a touring production inspired by the music and dance of Ireland, the USA and Spain takes to the stage at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next month, pupils from a Letchworth school will be joining the cast.
Essence Of Ireland promises a compelling love story inspired by true events when it arrives at the venue on Wednesday, March 11, just as the Irish population of North Herts is gearing up for St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Creative director and co-writer Ged Graham is delighted to have dancers from the Marie Grant School of Irish Dancers performing.
He said: “We really want the dancers to participate fully in our show and not just be on the outer edges.
“I want them to have fantastic memories of being a real part of our production.
You may also want to watch:
“We set out not just to tell a powerful love story, but to tell a bigger tale based on true events about the love between a man and his country – something which audiences really relate to.
“Our show is guaranteed to entertain and move audiences young and old, whether through our hard hitting story or through our quality music and dance.”
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?