Maria’s pupils stepping up to the challenge when touring show visits Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
When a touring production inspired by the music and dance of Ireland, the USA and Spain takes to the stage at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next month, pupils from a Letchworth school will be joining the cast.
Essence Of Ireland promises a compelling love story inspired by true events when it arrives at the venue on Wednesday, March 11, just as the Irish population of North Herts is gearing up for St Patrick’s Day celebrations.
Creative director and co-writer Ged Graham is delighted to have dancers from the Marie Grant School of Irish Dancers performing.
He said: “We really want the dancers to participate fully in our show and not just be on the outer edges.
“I want them to have fantastic memories of being a real part of our production.
“We set out not just to tell a powerful love story, but to tell a bigger tale based on true events about the love between a man and his country – something which audiences really relate to.
“Our show is guaranteed to entertain and move audiences young and old, whether through our hard hitting story or through our quality music and dance.”
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin