Maria’s army trouble
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera –The Daughter of the Regiment – is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment. She entertains the soldi
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera -The Daughter of the Regiment - is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment.
She entertains the soldiers and enjoys their company.
Then she falls in love with Tonio, a country boy who saves her from falling off a cliff and he enlists as a soldier for her sake.
You may also want to watch:
But there are plans for Marie to enter into an arranged marriage with a Duke.
With a combination of dramatic tension and superb musical verve, it is a delightful opera.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
The performance takes place at 7.45pm on March 7.
Tickets are priced from £13.50 and are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk