Maria’s army trouble
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera –The Daughter of the Regiment – is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment. She entertains the soldi
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera -The Daughter of the Regiment - is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment.
She entertains the soldiers and enjoys their company.
Then she falls in love with Tonio, a country boy who saves her from falling off a cliff and he enlists as a soldier for her sake.
But there are plans for Marie to enter into an arranged marriage with a Duke.
With a combination of dramatic tension and superb musical verve, it is a delightful opera.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 9 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
The performance takes place at 7.45pm on March 7.
Tickets are priced from £13.50 and are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk