Maria’s army trouble
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera –The Daughter of the Regiment – is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment. She entertains the soldi
A LIGHT-HEARTED opera -The Daughter of the Regiment - is set to come to the attention of audiences at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Swansea City Opera will tell the story of an orphan, Marie, who is adopted by a regiment.
She entertains the soldiers and enjoys their company.
Then she falls in love with Tonio, a country boy who saves her from falling off a cliff and he enlists as a soldier for her sake.
You may also want to watch:
But there are plans for Marie to enter into an arranged marriage with a Duke.
With a combination of dramatic tension and superb musical verve, it is a delightful opera.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
The performance takes place at 7.45pm on March 7.
Tickets are priced from £13.50 and are available from the box office on 08700 131 030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk