Make a pig of yourself
This weekend sees Hog Fest 2006 explode into life with two nights of some of the best music around. Headlining on Friday are the 60s and 70s Mod Ska and Punk spirits Bowfinger, a five-piece born to make your mouth water. They will be joined by local favo
This weekend sees Hog Fest 2006 explode into life with two nights of some of the best music around.
Headlining on Friday are the 60s and 70s Mod Ska and Punk spirits Bowfinger, a five-piece born to make your mouth water.
They will be joined by local favourites Black Peppeur, The New Town Centres and Superhands, all on hand to kick out a few songs and get your juices flowing.
If that wasn't enough, although it certainly should be, you might need to scrape together whatever money is left in your lint-filled pockets and drag yourself down to the same venue again the following night.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday The October Game, Cool Ethan and Letchworth GC's own Violet Martinez are all on board to make this a weekend to remember.
Headlining this second gig are Fell City Girl who are currently in the middle of a UK tour and whose post-rock pop is aimed at "the disillusioned yet determined".
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
It is a BIG weekend of guitars, drums and singing. It's what you would expect, but better, louder, faster, dreamier. It'll leave you waking up on Sunday wanting more.
Both gigs take place at Shorty's Sports Bar in Hitchin. They both start at 7pm and entrance each night is £3.