See Batman, A Star is Born, Mamma Mia! sequel and Bohemian Rhapsody at Knebworth outdoor cinema
- Credit: The Luna Cinema
Blockbuster movies can be seen under the stars at Knebworth House this week as The Luna Cinema returns for another season of open-air films.
Batman, A Star is Born, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and Bohemian Rhapsody will be screened on successive nights at the Hertfordshire stately home.
The Luna Cinema's four-night residency kicks off tonight (Thursday, July 4) with the return of Batman (12A) to Knebworth.
To mark the launch of Knebworth House's TV and film exhibition there will be a special 30th anniversary screening of Tim Burton's 1989 movie starring Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne.
Having witnessed his parents' brutal murder as a child, millionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne fights crime in Gotham City disguised as Batman.
You may also want to watch:
But when The Joker (Jack Nicholson) seizes control of Gotham's criminal underworld, Batman must face his most ruthless nemesis while protecting both his identity and his love interest, reporter Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger).
Directed by Tim Burton, scenes of the movie were filmed at Knebworth House, which doubles as Wayne Manor along with the interior of Hatfield House.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
While Batman features Keaton and Basinger having dinner in the Banqueting Hall at Knebworth, film fans can enjoy the sizzling chemistry between Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper in hit movie A Star is Born (15) on Friday, July 5 with Knebworth House as the backdrop.
Seasoned musician Jackson Maine (Cooper), a famous country music singer privately battling an alcohol and drug addiction, plays a concert in California.
After the show, Jackson visits a drag bar where he witnesses a performance by Ally (Lady Gaga), a waitress and singer-songwriter.
Jack coaxes Ally into the spotlight, and they form a romantic relationship.
Mamma Mia! sequel Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (12A) will bring the hits of ABBA to Knebworth House on Saturday, July 6.
Five years after the events of Mamma Mia!, pregnant Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) prepares for the grand reopening of the Hotel Bella Donna, as she learns more about her mother's past.
It's then the turn of Queen's biggest hits to rock Knebworth Park again on Sunday, July 7.
Rami Malek won an Oscar for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
This screening is dedicated to the Queen singer, who played his last gig with the band at Knebworth Park in 1986.
Doors open at 8pm and the films will start at 9.30pm. Tickets must be pre-booked.
? For more information and tickets, visit www.thelunacinema.com