Looks like it’s time to make some Noises...
- Credit: Archant
Pop along to Knebworth next week and you can set off on tour with one of the feeblest farces every to grace a stage.
That’s because each act of Michael Fray’s evergreen Noises Off, which is the latest production from the Knebworth Amateur Theatricals Society, takes places during a different hapless performance of misfiring touring production Nothing On.
Act One involves the dress rehearsal in Weston-super-Mare, where the clueless cast are hopelessly unready for the curtain to go up.
It’s not much better for Act Two, a Wednesday matinée in the Midlands a month later where the creaking production is viewed from backstage.
For the final act we move on to Stockton near the end of the run, by which time the cast are at daggers drawn and anything that can go wrong does.
You may also want to watch:
This theatrical favourite, also translated to the big screen with Michael Caine taking a leading role, has been been described as one of the funniest works of the 20th century. The show will be staged from Thursday to Saturday, November 20 to 22, at 7.30pm each evening. Tickets are £7, concessions £6 from 01438 814166, 07952 199183 or Village News in Station Road.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 4 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?