Looking for a Dream Wife and Free Money? Then visit Hitchin’s up-and-coming music festival Formations
- Credit: Archant
Get ready for a free music festival in Hitchin which is running all day on Saturday and into the early hours celebrating new and emerging music, culture and art from across our region and beyond,
Formations Festival, organised by James Pyrah, has risen from humble beginnings involving local musicians into an event inviting new and exciting bands from all over the country – as well as live art experiments.
The second edition – to be held at The George pub in Bucklersbury – will see new music showcased, visual and experimental installations from arts group Exhibit A.
The festival will be headlined by London based – with one Reykjavik drifter – Dream Wife for a slice of poolside pop with a bite, with Free Money, Morning Smoke, Timeless Lizards, Lunar, Our Girl and many more.
Organiser James said: “We’ll be inviting independent stalls and visual projection artists to showcase their own work among the full musical line-up, bringing an array of local and nationwide musical talent into The George pub.
“Currently there’s no festival focusing on showcasing new emerging talent in Herts. We plan to be the missing link.
“The event boasts new areas, stages, artists, daytime activities and an eclectic selection of DJs and performers to warm your ears alongside the bands.”
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
“We want to refine all the best bits of last year and add a whole lot more. We want to make Formations even better so will bring improved production and decoration, daytime activities, better sound, extended opening hours – 3am – and a line-up like no other.
“And it’s all free – we can’t wait to as many people as possible along for the ride.”